Connecting all the devices which could never connect over the web, was made possible with the introduction of Internet Of Things. By now, we all would be aware of this concept and it is no more a new word. Isn’t it? Internet of things gained a huge name in the industry in no time. Making devices connected and heading towards an automated and a smarter world is what IoT offered us.
Starting from home appliances, cars, other gadgets including watches, everything can be now controlled by us via the automated platform. Carrying out daily tasks got transformed in a better way as with the IoT put into real practice. For instance, if you left your house main door unlocked, no worries! You can lock it even when you are on the way to your workplace. This is what IoT brought into our lives.
Entering Cloud computing
As the data increases over the IoT connected devices, there comes a wide strain over the internet infrastructure. This is where cloud computing makes a smart entry to rescue the problem. As IoT will produce a huge data, cloud will provide a way for this data to pass by. This will increase the usual efficiency and offer a smoother flow of data. For a better insight that how crucial is cloud for IoT industry, it’s high time that we have a look at the benefits offered by cloud computing for the IoT industry.
- Remote processing power: As cloud has a huge storage, it allows IoT to get beyond its regular functioning. As with the transition of 4G to greater internet speeds, cloud computing assists the developers with more rapid computing processes.
- Security & privacy factors: Maintaining user security and safeguarding user data while connecting the devices remains a major concern. Cloud computing offers security solutions to the IoT users by making use of various encryption and authentication protocols. This helps in maintaining and safeguarding the customer's data.
- Inter-device communication: While we talk about IoT, cloud acts as a bridge to facilitate the communication. Cloud allows easy linking and communication of the smartphones and thus making it easy for the users to benefit from IoT.
Challenges along the way
It is accurate enough if we conclude that cloud computing can accelerate IoT. But along the way to this, there might be certain challenges encountered. Some of the major possible challenges include:
- Huge data: As the number of connected devices will multiply, it would become difficult to handle this huge amount of data. Here, the full proof method can be utilized to manage the data in a long run.
- Networking protocols: IoT and cloud, both have a different set of protocols used in their framework. And managing the variation at this point might become difficult to handle.
The integration of IoT and cloud might be a new thing to some of the industry makers, while others are already familiar with it and are waiting for its implementation. No doubt, it is the perfect idea to shape out the future in a better way. So, get ready for it and experience the cloud-IoT world.