If you are thinking of developing any digital product like a Mobile App or Web App, most of you usually stuck in some of the challenging questions like which framework to choose? Which would be the best database for the app? What could be the best front-end technology and a lot more? To get out of such thoughts it is important to have a careful thought process and planned choice of the technology stack. Choosing the right tech stack to prevent many startups and small companies in taking the project towards success. To understand the basic requirement for the mobile app development stay connected and grab the complete detail mentioned in the blog.
What are the Technology Stacks?
The technology stack is a combination of programming language, tools, and frameworks that are the building block and necessary for the development of the application. It consists of a very specific set of component that works together to create mobile apps. Every app we use to have three parts, front-end, back-end, and middleware. This requires multiple programming dialects and the developers require functionalities and reliable incorporations to required for various development stages.
Structure of Technology Stacks
The technology stack consist of three components:
Back-End: The back-end component is to power the front-end that allows the users to perform a certain action. This part of the web-app is not visible to the users. Choosing back-up technologies is most challenging and is used to create logic around the web application using server-side programming languages.
Middleware: It is a technology stack that consists of the content management systems, web servers, and other similar tools that offer great support to the web development process. It is generally written in C# or JAVA that facilitates data management and communication between front-end and the back-end.
Factors to Consider While Choosing the Tech Stacks
- Size of web app: The size of the web app plays a crucial role in selecting the right kind of technology stack. With the growing size of the web app the complexity increases and hence it becomes important to pick the tech stacks that meet all the requirements. Usually, the small-size web apps contain 1-3 web pages sites, portfolios and other smaller web solutions that can be designed easily, medium-size web app generally build for financial apps, online stores, or enterprise application that are bit complex and require good knowledge of NodeJS, Angular frameworks. Large-size web apps include on-demand marketplaces and networks. They require high-performance, better serviceability, and top-notch scalability.
- Time to market: Determining the time of an app to be introduced in the market also play a very impactful role. If your app needs to be developed and launched quickly then it is best to go with MVP development. It will help you in introducing the app quickly into the market and also help in collecting feedback from early adopters that can help you in making relevant changes if required.
- Scalability: It refers to the ability of the web app to handle the load. It is therefore good to choose the right development technology that could support both horizontal growth and vertical growth. Here the horizontal growth refers to the ability of web application to handle user growth while the vertical growth is the ability to add new features and functionalities as per the user demand.
- Maintainability: It is another crucial factor required for building web applications. Generally, the web app maintenance depends on two factors; Architecture, and codebase. The architecture of the web app must support reusability, portability, and scalability and the codebase should be simple and short to prevent debugging error.
- Development Cost: Before moving ahead with the development process, it becomes crucial to know your budget. Although most of the apps and framework are open-source and free-to-use to make use of them it is essential to buy the subscription plan whose price varies. So choose the ideal plan that meets your web development process.
- Security: Of course, if you are spending on the development of app then you don't want to compromise with the security. Since the number of cyberattacks is increasing day by day it is, therefore, become very crucial to follow security guidelines while developing the web app and also ensure that all the guidelines are followed by the development team.
Above are the essential factors that one must consider for the successful web app development process. Technology is important but not the overall solution. It is therefore good to consider the overall quality and functioning of the web app. So do not limit your web app to the technology stack and do consider the user-experience to grab more success from the development.